Location: Anywhere within the United States
Reports to: Finance Controller
Team: Finance, a unit of the Business Operations Team
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting and administrative support for a growing organization. The primary duties of the Accounting Specialist/Coordinator are processing weekly business partner invoices and reconciling monthly employee expense reports.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that makes each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the Finance team works with a diverse group of team members, this job will be well suited to you if:
- You are detail-oriented and have great communication skills
- You are resourceful and have a passion for problem-solving
- You value personal and professional integrity
- You are quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- You are creative and have a growth mindset
- Have exceptional project management skills
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
- On-board new business partners and grantees
- Receive, verify, and process all A/P invoices; working closely with TRP staff to ensure proper expense, cost center, and project coding
- Ensure business partner and grantee files are kept current and up-to-date
- Process and file annual 1099 forms
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are being followed regarding approvals and documentation
- Post cash disbursement journal entries to the general ledger and subledger
- Reviews and exports monthly employee expense reports into general ledger
- Assists new employees with corporate card applications
- Processes monthly corporate card payments
- Provide additional accounting support as needed
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an accounting specialist, or similar role
- Experience in a multi-entity and/or nonprofit environment preferred.
- Advanced competency in accounting and expense software, such as Sage Intacct, Bill.com, and Tallie
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, accounting standards, and industry regulations
- A desire to grow in an organization.
- Personal alignment with our Core Values
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused