Chief Financial Officer
Location: Greater Atlanta Area
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Position: Full Time 40 hours per week, exempt employee
Who we are:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
How we work:
- As a leading, national force for improving recycling, The Recycling Partnership puts private dollars to work in communities because we know that when we invest in a system to protect resources, empower sustainable action and unlock opportunity, everyone wins. We drive measurable sustainability through grants, technical assistance and tools; research, measurement and best practices, partnerships, and scale.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Always remaining employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
The Recycling Partnership is seeking an experienced and analytical Chief Financial Officer with strong analytical and leader skills to drive our organization’s financial strategy and operations while improving overall financial performance. The CFO will lead The Partnership from a financial perspective and work alongside other C-Suite team members taking ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters. To do well in this role you should have experience as a CFO in a company with complex financials and an extensive balance sheet. Your skills in sound financial planning coupled with your experience in risk management will support The Partnership in achieving sustainable growth by implementing effective financial strategies, maintaining a healthy financial position, and enhancing funding partner confidence.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Provide financial leadership and vision to the development of a capital structure that supports continued growth and scaling
- Day-to-day management of the company’s financial planning and reporting processes
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Oversee the company’s finance IT systems and drive continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with the law, national standards, and company policies
- Work with CEO, CSO, and COO to develop and refine strategic plan and shape investments
- Manage talent and recruit new talent for a growing team
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Proven experience and relationships needed to set, recruit, and maintain an efficient capital structure required.
- Proven track record as CFO, Finance officer, or equivalent role.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent preferred.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate
DESIRED SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams, with vendors, and other contractors;
- Non-profit experience a plus;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with the recycling or sustainability work considered a plus;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- An analytical approach to work;
- High numeracy and sound technical skills;
- Problem-solving skills and initiative;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others;
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize;
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions;
- The potential to lead and motivate others;
Success for this position looks like:
- Continued growth in securing multiple sources of capital to scale the organization;
- Excellence in financial controls and reporting across the organization;
- Empower business partners in making rapid and well-informed decisions;
- Equip CEO and board of directors to help navigate growth;
- Best-in-class financial tools and processes;
- Solid risk management and mitigation approaches;
- Empower and equip finance team providing outstanding support to the business partners;
- A culture of continuous improvement and a passion for accuracy;
- Compliance with all applicable standards.
Why Should You Apply?
The Recycling Partnership is just that – a partnership. Mission driven, our team is made of a group of individuals with varied backgrounds working together because we are positive changemakers! We all have something unique that we bring to the team – what will be your contribution? Joining our team means you will be encouraged to grow, learn, build friendships, and have fun all while transforming recycling for good!
Where do you send your info?
Please e-mail resume and cover letter and up to three work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to have “Chief Financial Officer” in your subject line. Tell us not only how you meet the qualifications listed above, but why you want to be a part of this team and what you want to bring to it. If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us. The Recycling Partnership is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.