Location: This position may be located anywhere within the Unities States however the preferred location is Atlanta, GA. While the main location for this position is Atlanta, GA we are a team that works at a national level across all states. Regular travel is required.
Reports to: VP of Circular Ventures
Who we are:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across the U.S. by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
How we work:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with a focus on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
The Circular Ventures Director will lead innovative programs to improve recycling and accelerate the circular economy to advance the mission of The Recycling Partnership. We are searching for an innovative thinker who excels at collaboration and problem-solving. The Circular Ventures Director will initiate and lead collaborative programs to solve system challenges and accelerate the circular economy. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and publishing thoughtful research to lead to solutions. This role requires program management, stakeholder engagement, research and technical writing. The Circular Ventures Director will be part of the Circular Ventures team which identifies and pursues new initiatives to address industry challenges and will report to the VP of Circular Ventures.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Initiate and direct innovative programs to drive action and ensure their success, including project management, measurement, facilitation and funder relations.
- Foster internal and external collaboration to build alignment while maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including board members, funders, nonprofit leaders and other influencers.
- Oversee the development of thought leadership materials including conducting research, technical writing and partnering internally to design and publish.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on recycling and circular systems.
- Partner internally & externally to develop and implement new processes and programs.
- Coordinate activities with other Partnership teams and collaborate with leaders in varied areas across projects. This will include facilitating internal knowledge sharing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Advance The Partnership’s Mission by helping lead progress toward team and organization goals and collaborating within the team and cross-functionally.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
Specific requirements include:
- Significant recycling and circular economy industry experience.
- Excellent program management skills.
- Proven consensus-builder with varied stakeholders (business, government, nonprofit).
- Demonstrated research and technical writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- High-energy, proactive self-starter with an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and adapt to change.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.