Location: Remote, anywhere in the U.S.
Hours: 40 hours, Full time, exempt employee
Salary: Up to $65,000
Who we are:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
We empower people to protect the planet by advancing recycling and the circular economy.
We envision a future where the burden of waste has been transformed into a beneficial resource.
How we work:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion.
About the Job:
As Data Analyst you will provide analytical support for our National Database and integration of Behavior Change Portraits.
Working under the V.P. of Data and Analytics you will be responsible for providing data analysis to support the expansion of our National Recycling Database to include community and individual portraits
- 4-year degree in an analytical field such as Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Complex Systems, Data Science, Environmental Studies, and many others
- Or equivalent technical education
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in data analysis and data cleansing
- Minimum of 1+ years of data visualization experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Curiosity about data analysis and desire to grow and learn
- Strong data quality management skills (e.g. finding anomalies)
- Passion for the environment, sustainability, reducing waste and creating the circular economy
- Self-management, communications, and people skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skillsets and Experience:
- Experience with Python/Pandas/Jupyter notebooks for exploratory data analysis
- Familiar with Deep Learning models, NLP & text processing
- Experience analyzing, summarizing and maintaining large datasets
- Experience with automating data transformation processes (ETL) using SQL, Python, APIs and other tools
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau
Familiarity with Object Oriented programing