Director of Circular Ventures
Location: Anywhere within the United States
Reports to: VP Circular Ventures
The Circular Ventures Director will lead innovative programs to solve system challenges and accelerate the transition to circular packaging in support of the mission of The Recycling Partnership. The person will oversee circular economy initiatives through program management, fundraising, stakeholder engagement, technical assistance, research, presentations and more. This will include advancing efforts of industry collaboratives to advance circular packaging and other circular economy programs. It is critical this person is a team player that excels at building consensus both internally and externally. They will report to the VP of Circular Ventures.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that makes each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the Circular Ventures team works with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, and new and unique initiatives, this job will be well suited to you if you:
- Have excellent program management and organizational skills.
- Are a proven consensus-builder with varied stakeholders (business, government, nonprofit).
- Are a subject-matter-expertise in packaging or recycling or an eagerness to learn.
- Can multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Are a high-energy, proactive self-starter with an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Are a team player with ability to work independently and adapt to change.
- Have an unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
- Managing initiatives to progress impactful programs through project management, developing tasks and timelines, evaluation of grant requests, development of presentations.
- Engaging funders including developing and implementing pitches, maintaining strong relations, reporting, and facilitation of coalition meetings as necessary.
- Fostering internal and external collaboration to build alignment while maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including funders, nonprofits and other stakeholders.
- Providing subject matter expertise on packaging circular systems.
- Coordinating activities with other Partnership teams and collaborate with leaders in varied areas across projects. This will include facilitating internal knowledge sharing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Advancing The Partnership’s mission by helping lead progress toward team and organization goals and collaborating within the team and cross-functionally.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role
- At least 10 years of industry experience in circular economy, packaging, sustainability, recycling or related field. Role is flexible to be shaped based on experience of qualified candidates.
- A desire to grow in an organization.
- Personal alignment with our Core Values
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused