Award winning, culture conscious, national non-profit looking for a Director of Corporate Engagement
Location: Preferred location is Knoxville, TN or Greensboro, NC though can be anywhere in the U.S.
Reports to: V.P. of Corporate Engagement
Position: Full time, 40 hours per week, exempt employee
Who we are:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are positioned as the leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
How we work:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with a focus on mission, action, and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
We are looking for a Director of Corporate Engagement to create and develop long-term, trusting relationships with our Funding Partners and to grow operating revenue. Reporting to The VP of Development, the Director of Corporate Engagement’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned Funding Partners, develop deeper relationships with those Funding Partners, develop and execute strategies for growing revenue through strategic connections across the recycling and/or packaged goods industry, recruit new Funding Partners, develop a strategy for growth and retention, and drive marketing approaches to generate revenue and awareness of TRP.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB:
Funding Partner Retention (35%)
- Implement strategy and a program to drive Funding Partner retention and deepen/improve partner relationships
- Conduct listening sessions and foster ongoing communications to ensure current Funding Partner needs are understood and met
- Retain current funding Partners and grow funding where possible through strategic partnerships and problem solving
- Assist with challenging funder requests and manage issues as needed
- Prepare reports on account status as needed
- Attend conferences to build/expand relationships and to cultivate growth
- Tell our value creation story to members in an appropriate and compelling way
- Assist the leadership of TRP in identifying and recruiting new partners and/or strategic coalitions to drive increased revenue
- Develop and negotiate proposals for potential Funding Partners
- Create and present the Value Proposition of TRP and its connection to potential funding partner strategies and objectives
- Leverage personal and extended networks
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize corporate partner revenue
- Work with new partners from initial engagement through to successful on-boarding
- Create meeting materials including PowerPoint presentations, summary documents, grant applications and proposals to engage corporate partners and granting agencies in funding organization.
- Attend,participate, and represent The Partnership at industry conferences to develop leads and establish relationships with potential funding partners
- Develop and/or support strategy development and new fundraising approaches to diversify revenue sources
- Help shape the marketing agenda through ongoing collaboration with Marketing and Communications team
- Identify opportunities for Brand Activation and provide leads to the Director of Brand Activation; collaborate on selling and executing brand activations
- Cultivate ideas and opportunities from funding partners and match them to programs of The Partnership
- Manage reporting and efforts to track progress
- Manage CRM tool and pledged support levels
- Support finance department in invoicing, Accounts Receivable and problem solving
- Other key business tracking needs for development
Team work (10%)
- Coordinate with peers in TRP to leverage work of Marketing & Communications, Community Engagement, Circular Ventures, and Policy teams to drive development and retain the mission driven focus of the organization
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Minimum 7-10 years proven sales leadership or development experience as a Sales Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Commercial Director, Development Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, influence and persuade key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, particularly executive and C-level
- Experience with CRM software and MS Office Suite
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management priorities at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Success for this position requires:
- Satisfied and growing partners that are engaged and understand their linkage to our work
- Wins that grow the organizational capabilities while preserving the mission of The Partnership
- Delivering results while maintaining and promoting our core values
- Helping The Partnership grow and scale through development of new initiatives
- Making progress in the recruitment of new members and developing other new sources of income
- Tenacity, optimism, strong corporate presence, excellent communications skills, collaborative team player, yet competitive in the sense that the incumbent should be goal oriented on behalf of The Partnership