Location: Anywhere within the United States
Reports to: Sr. Director of Materials Advancement
Team: System Optimization Team
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000
The Director of Film and Flexible Material Advancement manages the Film & Flexibles Coalition and serves as the organization’s subject matter expert on film recycling. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Materials Advancement, this position will engage funders regarding recycling recovery opportunities, project progress, and quantifying impacts. This position will work with the team to create best management practices that grow and improve materials processing and ultimately help the recycling value chain thrive. Film and flexible material continues to become a larger portion of packaging found on store shelves. The goal of this work is to identify solutions to recover this material efficiently, effectively, and responsibly at scale in the U.S. and share best management practices throughout the value chain.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that makes each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the System Optimization team works with a diverse group of team members and external partners, this job will be well suited to you if:
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are naturally curious with a growth mindset
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver
- You have an entrepreneurial nature
- You have an interest and passion for advancing the circular economy.
- You value personal and professional integrity
- You are quick to adapt to a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
- Help to recruit new funders and support current funders of the Film & Flexibles Coalition to Increase Effectiveness of Coalition programming.
- Develop and deliver the strategic direction of the Film & Flexibles Coalition Funder Engagement
- Meeting Facilitation
- Scoping multi-stakeholder film recovery and research projects within the coalition and outside
- Ability to develop investment proposals and achieve alignment.
- Data management (excel, access, online database, etc.)
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role.
- Industry know-how. Strong knowledge about the recycling supply chain, film recycling, packaging sustainability and the circular economy.
- Stakeholder management. Ability to explain detailed recycling topics to stakeholders with varying understandings of the recycling system. Ability to build consensus among stakeholders at varying places in the supply chain.
- Innovative approaches to the future of the recycling system.
- Team player skills.
- Leadership skills. Ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration among team members with differing perspectives of the recycling system of the future.
- Public speaking skills. Ability to manage meeting logistics and present materials to a diverse audience.
- Strong writing skills. Ability to translate complex processes and systems into digestible and entertaining one-pagers, reports, blogs and other written formats.
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.