Reports to: Sr. Marketing and Communications Manager
Position: Part time, 30 hours per week, non-exempt employee
Salary: TBD ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Who we are:
At The Recycling Partnership, we are solving for circularity. As a mission-driven NGO, our team is committed to advancing a circular economy by building a better recycling system. We are mobilizing the people, data, and solutions across the value chain to reduce waste and our impact on the environment while also unlocking economic benefits.
Our team works:
- on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs
- partners with companies to achieve packaging circularity, increase access to recycled materials, and meet sustainability commitments
- works with government to develop policy solutions to address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system and advance a circular economy.
To learn more about The Recycling Partnership, our mission, our vision and our team, visit https://recyclingpartnership.org/about/
How we work:
- Focused on advancing circularity through transforming the recycling system in the United States with a focus on mission, action, and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
The purpose of this role is to provide logistics, communication and administrative support for The Partnership’s in-person Corporate Partner meeting and other keystone events. The role will primarily work with the Marketing Communications and Development teams but will also coordinate across other teams of The Partnership, including System Optimization, Innovation, Policy and Strategy, and Finance.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Help manage logistics and execution of June in-person Corporate Partner meeting, including signage, catering, A/V, lodging, transportation, registration list, promotional materials, etc.
- Assist with logistics and execution of other Partnership events as needed – ex. team meetings, Resource Recycling Conference
- Act as day-to-day liaison with conference and hotel POCs to secure exhibit and sponsorship opportunities, meet deadlines, provide information as needed, and manage invoices
- Work closely with exhibit marketing agency to ensure booth and meeting materials are finalized and delivered to/from events in a timely manner
- Proactively field and troubleshoot any emerging problems leading up to event date
- Act as internal POC for Partnership staff attending events, answering questions or delivering to appropriate Partnership lead
- Update and organize event execution pages within The Partnership’s project management platform, including: staff training information, funder directory, etc.
- Assist in pre-meeting communication and/or training of final details to both external corporate partners and internal staff
- Assist with on-site logistics and capturing content during event
- Assist in post-meeting communication and marketing efforts, ex. email follow up, lead marketing and webinars, social campaigns, etc.
- Assist MarCom liaisons with researching industry events, identifying opportunities and ensuring alignment on decisions to attend or forego ahead of submission deadlines
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Degree in Marketing or Communications-related field
- Preferred demonstrated experience in an Events or Communications role
- Superior organization and time management are required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Works well with others, demonstrating ability to work across different teams and personalities
- Solid oral and written communications skills