Location: Anywhere within the United States
Reports to: Sr. Director of Materials Advancement
Team: System Optimization Team
Salary: $80,000 – $90,000
The Manager of Materials Advancement is responsible for supporting the management of the Polypropylene Recycling Coalition. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Materials Advancement and will work with funders to manage and organize recycling recovery opportunities, project progress, and quantifying impacts. This Coalition not only supports MRF granting but oversees research to better understand polypropylene generation and access and communicates publicly about the granting and coalition. This position will support the management of the coalition meetings, research, and communication.
This position is a member of the System Optimization Team. This team oversees three workstreams, Materials Advancement, Center for Sustainable Behavior and Impact, and Residential Infrastructure granting. The System Optimization Team is responsible for developing and deploying funding to transform the US residential recycling system with rapid adoption of best practices in communities, MRFs, and end markets across the country.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that makes each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the System Optimization team works with a diverse group of team members and external partners, this job will be well suited to you if:
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are naturally curious with a growth mindset
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver
- You have an entrepreneurial nature
- You have an interest and passion for advancing the circular economy.
- You value personal and professional integrity
- You are able to work with and support a dynamic fast-paced team
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
- Support funder recruitment for the PP Coalition
- Build presentations for coalition meetings
- Support the organization of interactive and productive coalition meetings.
- Scope and manage research. Bring together and communicate clear outcomes
- Data management (excel, access, online database, etc.)
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role.
- How local governments and MRFs manage recycling programs
- Corporate sustainability
- Nonprofit fundraising and development
- Recycling outreach/behavior change/messaging BMPs
- Clear communication internal and external
- Organization and ability to balance priorities
- Absorb knowledge and BMPs from teammates and organizational BMPs to support the strategy of the PP coalition.
- Multi-stakeholder engagement and relationship building
- Identify when you must pull in a teammate with more experience or knowledge on a subject to support a project.
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.