Location: Remote, anywhere in the U.S.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Hours: Full time, 40 hrs/week, exempt employee
WHO WE ARE:
At The Recycling Partnership, we are solving for circularity. We mobilize people, data, and solutions across the value chain to unlock the environmental and economic benefits of recycling and a circular economy. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs; we partner with companies to achieve packing circularity, increase access to recycled materials, and meet sustainability commitments; and we work with government to develop policy solutions to address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system and advance a circular economy.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
HOW WE WORK:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with a focus on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and Stand Up and Speak Out for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
The Marketing Manager is a critical member of The Recycling Partnership’s Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Team. The role supports the Marketing & Communications Manager and Chief Marketing and Communications Officer in shaping and deploying The Partnership’s value proposition to a growing number of current and prospective funding partners. This role will specifically hone in on developing and executing marketing campaigns for the Circular Ventures (CV) team’s initiatives, which support The Partnership’s topline objective to activate a circular economy for packaging.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB:
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager and Circular Ventures team in developing and executing marketing strategies to secure industry support and corporate funding for major CV initiatives, including:
- Pathway to Circularity, a series of action-oriented solutions for packaging circularity challenges
- Coalitions to solve specific material challenges, including but not limited to: Polypropylene, Film & Flexibles, PET, Aluminum
- Plastic I.Q., a digital strategy-setting tool to reduce companies’ plastic footprints
- Serve as MarCom point of contact for the Circular Ventures team, embedded in team/project meetings to stay aligned and assist with MarCom tasks as needed – thought leadership articles, talking points and slide decks to support speaking engagements, etc.
- Serve as the conduit between the CV and the rest of MarCom to drive consistency in the messaging, look and feel of The Partnership’s external brand to stakeholders, overseeing template development and presentation creation as needed.
- Support the planning and execution of marketing campaigns for the Circular Ventures team within the content planning process, with effective utilization of Notion, Hubspot, and Dropbox tools.
- Own the process of ongoing measurement and success tracking of CV marketing campaigns, identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Support the development of clear, concise, and compelling marketing communications materials for current and prospective funders that clearly communicate CV initiative value propositions. (i.e.- pitch decks, one-pagers, monthly funder call and follow up comm content)
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business Communications, 5-7 years minimum relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in marketing communications/marketing strategy/strategic thinking/branding
- Experience developing and deploying traditional and digital marketing communications campaigns
- Strong knowledge of or demonstrated experience in circular economy, packaging, sustainability, recycling or related field
- Very strong oral, written and PPT communications skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and in a collaborative cross-functional environment is a must
- Creative problem solving/overcoming obstacles
- Very strong team orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proclivity for taking ownership of tasks and see them through successful execution with little hands-on direction.
Why Should You Apply?
The Recycling Partnership is just that – a partnership. Mission driven, our team is made of a group of individuals with varied backgrounds working together because we are positive changemakers!! We all have something unique that we bring to the team – what will be your contribution? Joining our team means you will be encouraged to grow, learn, build friendships and have fun all while transforming recycling for good!