Location: Preferred location is Keene NH, though can be anywhere within the United States
Reports to: Director of People Ops
Our People Operations team provides an employee experience that is focused, responsive and consistent to our Team Leads, employees and stakeholders. We work with the goal of creating and maintaining unique employee experiences for every team member with a human centric approach. The People Ops Specialist will report to the Director of People Ops and handle a wide variety of people related tasks such as recruiting, screening, training, onboarding and preparing compensation and benefits packages. The People Ops Specialist will answer employee questions about as needed around the areas related to People Ops.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that makes each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the People Ops team works with a diverse group of team members, this job will be well suited to you if you:
- Are passionate about people. You simply enjoy other humans.
- Are a good listener. You actively listen to others with purpose.
- Are empathetic. You have the ability to recognize and respond to the emotional state of individuals.
- Are a problem solver. If there isn’t a set precedent you need to set one!
- Have creative spark. You look for ways to make things better
- Are a relationship builder. You build relationships and bring warmth to all levels of the organization
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
Talent Strategy Execution
- Collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Recruitment – managing postings and reviewing of resumes
- Scheduling interviews with candidates and Interview Teams
- Interviewing – involvement in values interviews
Compensation and Benefits:
- Oversee the benefits program including addition of new staff, renewals and adjustments to staff benefits as needed.
- Researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Analyzes new and improved benefit plans
Payroll and Compliance
- Manages payroll process for adding new employees and making compensation changes or terminations to existing staff
- In conjunction with our PEO, maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Ensure upon hiring that classifications are correct
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in the areas of people ops, talent management, and compliance.
- Collaborate with the Director of People Ops in the areas where operative people ops intersects with the Employee Experience model
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role
- Bachelors Degree or Certificate in Human Resources or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- A desire to grow in an organization .
- Personal alignment with our Core Values
- Ability to act with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- SHRM certification preferred
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.