WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
HOW WE WORK:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with an emphasis on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and Stand Up and Speak Out for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
We are searching for a socially minded accounting professional that can manage a rapidly expanding portfolio of 100+ granting initiatives and projects. Accounting experience is just as important as project management and communication skills in this role. The Project Accountant will be responsible for supporting the project managers and strategic initiative leaders in creation of project budgets, the onboarding of new grantees, ensuring accurate grant payments and project expense coding, and consistent internal project reporting. This role will report to the Finance Controller and will also work closely with the Community Engagement and Circular Ventures teams.
Success for this position looks like:
- Ability to integrate The Recycling Partnership’s core values into your work
- Effective use of written and verbal communication to convey intent and ensure accuracy
- Implement best-in-class project budgeting, project reporting, and time tracking processes across organization, while adhering to internal controls
- Successfully manage projects, tasks, and timelines as requested by the Finance Controller
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
This list is a summary of the main responsibilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable responsibilities from time to time.
- Develop clear processes and tools to ensure proper budgeting and reporting of projects
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the project portfolio, and revenue and expense mapping
- Support the launch of new projects and initiatives including budget creation and grantee on-boarding
- Keep the financial system (Sage Intacct) up-to-date including project mapping, categorization, and budgeting.
- Support project managers with vendor payment and grantee reimbursement approvals
- Ensure project expenses are mapped to proper GL account number and Project ID’s
- Develop a cadence for project tracking and updates with Project Managers
- Manage the close-out process for granting initiatives and projects
- Manage federal and state grant compliance and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project related accounting, finance, or related field
- Knowledge of finance and accounting best practices and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Sage Intacct software and Microsoft Excel
- Experience creating and managing complex budgets spanning multiple years
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Proven experience in leading and implementing new processes across an organization
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Interest and experience in Recycling or Sustainability industry
- Prior experience managing Private Foundation and Government Grants
- Fundamental knowledge of United States geography due to diversity of grants
- Accounts Payable experience
- Experience in Cost Accounting
- Experience with the Project Module in Sage Intacct