Location: Asheville, North Carolina or Other
Reports to: Director of Communications
Responsible for: Managing external contractors
Who we are:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year over year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity and continual learning that doesn’t just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
How we work:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with a focus on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well With Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self and finally, Take Time to Reflect and Dream.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
Over the next 5 years, The Communications and Marketing team’s activities and resources will be focused on delivering five strategic goals:
- We will continue to support our employees and value their role as individual leaders within the organization.
- We will advise communities, funding partners, and ourselves on best management practices for digital and traditional media and marketing, social media, web strategy and storytelling.
- We will report quarterly on our efforts and tell our successes and lessons learned.
- We will advise TRP staff on best paths forward on messaging, public facing materials, events and strategies.
- We will have 3 to 5 major wins per year in the marketing, public relations, storytelling and digital/social spaces.
The Social Media Manager is a critical member of the TRP Communications & Marketing Team. The Manager should be a strategic communications leader who understands the social and digital media landscape, a content development and executor expert, and a self-starter who is passionate about finding ways to get our story in the digital landscape as well as that of our partners and the work that we are doing with them on the ground in communities nationwide. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
The Manager is responsible for assisting the Community Engagement Team with developing strategic social and digital marketing strategies for community work, working with the Director of Communications to implement the social editorial calendar, working on major projects with partners in the digital space, as well as working with the entire Communications & Marketing Team to ensure that information is targeted to the correct digital and social channels.
Success for this position looks like:
- Working with the Director of Communications on content strategy for all TRP-owned social channels
- Working with digital partners to implement long-term recycling social strategies
- Implementing Editorial and content calendars for social media as well as constantly analyzing the social and digital landscape for content that needs to be shared.
- Delivering quarterly reports to Director of Communications from Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Mail Chimp with analyses and recommendations for what should be changed to improve in the next quarter.
- Working with the Director of Communications to implement annual editorial calendars for digital channels and blog to ensure success in telling TRP’s story.
- Delivering comprehensive social media strategy for all our channels in order to be successful in our mission to tell TRP’s story.
- Cultivating loyalty, influencers, and engagement among followers, funders, residents, and communities
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB:
Digital & Social Strategy Development and Implementation (85 %)
Develop and implement content for social and digital media and strategic communications tactics using traditional and new media that serve the individual needs of our partners and TRP.
- Work with Digital and Design Manager on future social media and website toolkits
- Work with the Director of Communications to maintain an editorial calendar that tracks the production and publication of content for social media channels
- Regularly track social media analytics, optimize content based on findings, and write quarterly findings reports.
- Maintain all TRP-owned social channels and some partner-owned channels that TRP operates
- Work with external contractor on messenger Bot development, including but not limited to decision trees and IFTTT
- Post daily to all social channels based on content calendar and share content regularly by monitoring social for relevant content
- Engage with followers, cultivating loyalty, engagement, and brand recognition
- Launch and maintain any new social platforms, including new and emerging social media
- Manage external contracts with digital and communications vendors.
Administration (15 %)
- Work independently and maintain own work calendar
- Work well with Marketing & Communications and rest of TRP team
- Submit personal and enterprise expenses on time
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree.
- 3 to 5 years-experience working on social media posting, launching and strategy
- Knowledge of all social channels, Sprout Social and Google Analytics.
- Ability to work together in collaboration as a team.