Elizabeth Biser, Senior Policy Advisor
Elizabeth leads The Recycling Partnership’s Circular Economy Accelerator policy advocacy efforts, which includes working with diverse stakeholders to shape policy proposals that will advance a circular economy. She has also testified before federal lawmakers on the challenges and opportunities facing community recycling programs. She brings nearly 15 years of experience representing environmental and natural resource interests before the North Carolina state legislature. In her previous roles with The North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources and Brooks Pierce, a Raleigh law firm, she has worked with public officials on a wide range of recycling and solid waste issues. She is a keen facilitator and excels in her ability to bring multiple stakeholders to the table and build consensus.
Why I Care About the Circular Economy
“We have an opportunity to pass smart policy that will provide good jobs, strengthen the economy, protect our natural resources, and reduce waste. When future generations look back on this time, my hope is they will see that we were able to make a meaningful difference.”
Personal Passions and Interests
When she’s not advocating for the circular economy, Elizabeth loves cooking and traveling with her family.
- Master of Public Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Contributing Author: The Recycling Partnership’s Accelerating Recycling: Policy to Unlock Supply for the Circular Economy
- Contributing Author: The Recycling Partnership’s 2020 State of Curbside Recycling Report
- Congressional Testimony: S. House’s Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior, Environment and Related Agencies – “Strengthening Community Recycling Programs: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Congressional Statement: S. Senate EPW Committee Hearing “Responding to the Challenges Facing Recycling in the United States”
- Op-ed: On 50th Earth Day, N.C, is positioned for environmental and economic success
- Board member: University of North Carolina School of Government Foundation, N.C. State Natural Resources Foundation, Inc., and Environmental Defense Fund’s North Carolina Advisory Board
- Award recipient: Deil S. Wright Research Paper Award and Nannette V. Mengel Communication Award from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Master of Public Administration (MPA) program
Reach out to Elizabeth about building policymaker support for recycling and a circular economy at ebiser @ recyclingpartnership.org