Liz Bedard, Senior Director of Industry Collaboration
Liz has worked in the recycling and solid waste management field for more than 45 years, bringing extensive experience in innovative problem-solving and expert facilitation to The Recycling Partnership. In her previous role as Director of the New Hampshire Governor’s Recycling Program, she successfully developed statewide municipal, business, and school recycling programs. She also founded and served twice as Executive Director of the Northeast Resource Recovery Association, the oldest and largest recycling cooperative in the U.S., and previously worked as Director of the Association of Plastic Recyclers Olefins Division. Through her professional roles, board memberships, and previous position as a Selectman for a town in New Hampshire, Liz has developed a keen understanding of dynamics at the local, state, and regional level that can help improve recycling efforts. She currently serves as Senior Director of Industry Collaboration at The Partnership, where she works closely with stakeholders from all industries related to recycling.
Why I Care About Recycling
“Recycling is an all-encompassing environmental action; it converses natural resources, prevents environmental degradation, reduces our carbon footprint, creates domestic employment, and drives an important economic sector. It personifies our respect for the world, fellow beings, and future generations. It personifies Yankee frugality – use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.”
Personal Passions and Interests
Liz’s personal passions include her family (the loving and proud mother of three and grandmother of five!), her flower and vegetable gardens, exploring New Hampshire, discovering New England’s history, and enjoying life to its fullest.
- Award Recipient: Northeast Recycling Council’s 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lead Author: The Recycling Partnership’s 2020 Guide to Community Material Recovery Facility Contracts
- Blog: Holding the Course: Domestic Reactions to Recycling Markets Spur Hope, Not Despair
- Program Creator: Association of Plastic Recyclers’ Recycling Demand Champions Program and Postconsumer Resin (PCR) Certification Program
- Program Lead: Association of Plastic Recyclers’ Polypropylene Demand Survey, Plastic Sorting Best Management Practices Guide, Annual States’ Largest Cities Plastic Collection Survey, and Non-Bottle Plastic Bale Sort Report
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Liz at ebedard @ recyclingpartnership.org.