Please join The Recycling Partnership for the Incorporating Motivational Messaging for Recycling Education and Outreach Webinar on September 27, 2023, at 1 pm ET.
The right messaging, targeted to the appropriate audience(s), can make all the difference in helping people to properly recycle every chance they get.
In this webinar, local, regional, and state recycling coordinators and leaders will learn from The Recycling Partnership about research-backed audience segmentation and tested recycling messaging – what we’ve seen work, and not work. You’ll hear about the data we uncovered through our multifaceted research and community pilot programs that tested engagement and intervention strategies. You’ll be empowered to understand better:
- Recycling experiences of single-family households in the U.S., including the barriers they face; what drives their recycling participation; and the role of lifestyle and social impact.
- Channels where households expect to receive recycling-related information, and what they want from those communications.
- Various types of recyclers (segments), how they differ from each other, and what options exist for reaching each segment.
- Impact of various messaging on real-world outcomes.
Host: Louise Bruce, Managing Director of the Center for Sustainable Behavior & Impact, The Recycling Partnership
- Elizabeth Schussler, Senior Director of Social Change, Behavior, and Impact, The Recycling Partnership
- Michelle Metzler, Director of Community Programs, The Recycling Partnership
- Joseph Sherlock, Principal Behavioral Scientist, Center for Advanced Hindsight at Duke University
- Lisa Ruggero, Assistant Director of Programs, Syracuse University Center for Sustainability Community Solutions
- Lindsay Eberhart, Outreach Program Coordinator, Syracuse University Center for Sustainability Community Solutions