Why Join a Recycling Coalition?
Diverse stakeholder input and collaboration are the keys to success of the recycling system. The Pathway to Circularity: Residential Recyclability Framework was informed by industry knowledge and experience regarding what it takes for a package or material to be recyclable. When a package or substrate does not meet the Framework’s criteria, companies are encouraged to take action to address the challenges, either through a Partnership-led recycling coalition or other industry efforts.
Recycling coalitions can address challenges and deliver needed scalable solutions. If a coalition does not exist, but a material meets the following criteria, consideration will be given to forming one.
Pathway to Circularity Recycling Coalition Formation Criteria
- There is a path to scalable, circular solutions that can be achieved through actionable steps.
- The format/material is expected to have a significant presence in a circular system of the future.
- There are no viable alternative formats or materials that could serve the same purpose with increased recyclability/circularity.
- Multiple companies across the value-chain (such as producers, converters, brands, and retailers) are ready to join the initiative with multi-year commitments to make meaningful progress toward a solution.
- It is aligned with The Recycling Partnership’s mission, leverages the core competencies of The Partnership and does not duplicate efforts.
Driving Recyclability and Recycled Content
The Recycling Partnership works with stakeholders across the value chain to improve the recyclability and capture of all materials in the recycling stream. Read more about the initiatives underway by The Recycling Partnership and other leading industry groups to increase the recyclability and recycled content of many common packaging materials. Circular Packaging Spotlights are included for each material to illustrate how specific format challenge areas are addressed using The Recycling Partnership’s Circular Packaging Assessment, a tool that serves to improve circularity by providing step-by-step instructions to understanding packaging recyclability.
For more information on any of these recycling coalitions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
Join or Form a Recycling Coalition
Interested in joining or forming a new coalition? Please submit a brief message using this contact form.
"*" indicates required fields
Thank you to our partners for funding our efforts to build this pathway, thereby making circular packaging a possibility for Americans.