Investing in Our Planet Takes All of Us. On Earth Day and Every Day, We Can Start by Building a Better Recycling System.
Earth Day’s 2023 theme – Invest In Our Planet is centered around engaging more than 1 billion people, all levels of government, organizations and companies that participate in a day that for more than 50 years has recognized our collective responsibility to protect our planet.
As a mission-driven NGO with a vision of a future where the burden of waste has been transformed into a beneficial resource, we believe investing in our planet can be achieved by continuing to unlock the environmental and economic benefits of recycling.
That’s why we’re partnering with communities, recycling facilities, companies, and governments to invest in our planet by improving the U.S. recycling system.
Ready to take the next step to invest in our planet by building a better recycling system? Here’s how you can get started whether you’re an individual, a community, a recycling facility, a company or any level of government:
Key recycling investment opportunities for communities
- Explore a grant opportunity to provide residents with access, increased capacity, or education.
- Create customized and specialized digital and print recycling campaign materials to educate your residents.
- Download and implement best practices from proven and tested toolkits to fight recycling contamination.
Key recycling investment opportunities for recycling facilities, including MRFs, processors, and secondary processors
- Apply for available grants to increase the capture and processing of valuable recyclables.
Key recycling investment opportunities for sustainable companies
- Design for circularity using free data-backed tools that enable companies to define and develop their packaging strategy, assess your packaging strategy in line with what’s accepted for recycling across 9,000 U.S. recycling programs, and communicate the recyclability of your packaging with new dynamic labels from Recycle Check.
- Support systemic improvements to the U.S. recycling system by joining The Recycling Partnership as a funding partner.
Key recycling investment opportunities for all levels of government
- States can access free resources to raise awareness and support for smart, well-designed EPR policies.
- Federal and state governments can transform recycling with smart policy solutions.
- Download the latest research guiding recycling policy action.
- Local governments can access available tools, resources, and grants available to community recycling programs nationwide.
How can I invest in my planet as an individual?
Not just on Earth Day but anytime you recycle the right things the right ways:
- you’re protecting natural resources and reducing waste.
- you’re benefiting future generations.
- you’re reducing litter and keeping communities clean.
- you’re supporting a reaction of positive benefits that are part of a thriving community.
- your recycling adds up.
- your recycling becomes new things.
Recycling can feel confusing if you don’t know how or where to do it. The Recycling Partnership is eliminating the guesswork in recycling, and you can find out what’s accepted for recycling where you are by chatting your recycling questions.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Ready to explore more opportunities to invest in our planet by building a better recycling system? The Recycling Partnership mobilizes the people, data, and solutions across the value chain to reduce waste and our impact on the environment while also unlocking economic benefit. We’d love to connect with you – your community, your recycling facility, your state, or your company to continue investing in our planet.