Keefe Harrison, CEO
Keefe Harrison is a founder and CEO of The Recycling Partnership, a national nonprofit dedicated to protecting the planet by fixing recycling and activating a circular economy in the U.S. An international speaker, media pundit, and environmental author, Keefe is 20-year veteran of the space, dedicated to engaging companies in making measurable, lasting change in communities. Under her leadership, The Partnership has grown significantly since its founding in 2014, engaging more than 60 funding partners to leverage more than $120 million, and reaching more than half of American households. Before recycling, Keefe worked on a logging crew in North Carolina, researched sea turtles in Costa Rica, and studied reindeer husbandry in Finland.
Why I Care About Recycling and a Circular Economy
“Growing up in a family of environmentalists, I have long believed in the importance of protecting biodiversity by conserving natural resources. I am committed to advancing meaningful, measurable change, and I am proud to be part of this team of passionate experts. Together, we’re making a difference.”
Personal Passions and Interests
Keefe enjoys traveling, gardening, cooking, and spending time outdoors with her family. She lives in the rolling hills of New Hampshire with her husband and children, rescue dogs, and a few feisty backyard hens.
- Speaker: National Geographic Form | The Circular Economy
- Speaker: TEDx, The Voice We Need for the Environment
- NPR Morning Edition Guest: Sorting Out Plastics At The Grocery Store
- Advisory Board Member: The Ocean Plastics Leadership Network
- Governance Board Member: REMADE
- Author: Rebuilding Recycling to Go Circular
- Contributing Author: The Recycling Partnership’s 2019 Bridge to Circularity Report and 2020 State of Curbside Report
- Blog and Video: Living our Core Values
- Judge: Mohammed bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity, Global Maker Challenge Pitch Event
Want to interview Keefe for your publication or invite her to speak at your event? Contact Keefe’s assistant Mary Suozzi at msuozzi @ recyclingpartnership.org