Keefe Harrison, CEOshe/her/hers
Keefe Harrison is a founder and the CEO of The Recycling Partnership, a national nonprofit dedicated to protecting the planet by fixing recycling and activating a circular economy in the U.S. An international speaker, media pundit, and environmental author, Keefe is 22-year veteran of the space, dedicated to engaging companies in making measurable, lasting change. Under her leadership, The Partnership has grown significantly since its founding in 2014 and has transformed $95 million of investment from over 80 funding partners into $241 million in value creation, reaching over one million households and diverting over 770 million incremental pounds of recyclables from landfills. Before recycling, Keefe worked on a logging crew in North Carolina, researched sea turtles in Costa Rica, and studied reindeer husbandry in Finland.
Why I Care About Recycling and a Circular Economy
“Growing up in a family of environmentalists, I have long believed in the importance of protecting biodiversity by conserving natural resources. I am committed to advancing meaningful, measurable change, and I am proud to be part of this team of passionate experts. Together, we’re making a difference.”
Personal Passions and Interests
Keefe enjoys traveling, gardening, cooking, and spending time outdoors with her family. She lives in the rolling hills of New Hampshire with her husband and children, rescue dogs, and a few feisty backyard hens.
- Speaker: United Nations Stockholm +50 Leadership Dialogue 2, “Achieving a Sustainable and Inclusive Recovery from the COVID-19 Pandemic,” June 2022.
- Honoree: GreenBiz Badass Women Shaping Climate Action, March 2022.
- Speaker: US House of Representatives Research and Technology Subcommittee hearing, “Plastic Waste Reduction and Recycling Research: Moving from Staggering Statistics to Sustainable Systems;” June 2021.
- Judge: Mohammed bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity with MIT, Global Maker Challenge Pitch Event; June 2020.
- Speaker: National Geographic Forum on The Circular Economy; February 2020.
- Speaker: TEDx Amoskeag Millyard; November 2019.
- Cover Story & Photo: Chronicle of Philanthropy; September 2018.
- Current Advisory Council Member: Alliance to End Plastic Waste, The Ocean Plastics Leadership Network , Keene State College President’s Advisory Board
- Contributing Author: The Recycling Partnership’s 2021 Paying It Forward Report: How Investment in Recycling will Pay Dividends, 2020 State of Curbside Report, 2019 Bridge to Circularity Report.
- Blog and Video: Living our Core Values
Want to interview Keefe for your publication or invite her to speak at your event? Contact Keefe’s assistant Mary Suozzi at msuozzi @ recyclingpartnership.org