If you’re like many Americans, this year’s Super Bowl won’t just mean turning on the game or tracking which commercial wins the night – it’s a time to chill with friends and family and enjoy those delicious snacky finger foods. But, rooting for a green Super Bowl party doesn’t have to be part of a fantasy league. Make a zero waste Super Bowl party with these tips, tricks, and hacks.
Here’s what to know and do when it comes to hosting a green Super Bowl Party:
- Regardless of whether you pursue healthy or junk food varieties, remember to stock up on your party needs with your reusable shopping bag.
- Choose non-single use items. Not only will you reduce waste associated with plastic and paper, your mixed place settings are likely to be a hit with your guests.
- Set out your in-home recycling bin during the party. Twinning the bin is a proven way to increase the capture of quality recyclables. Who knows? It may even start a conversation with your guests about recycling.
- Whether you’re serving adult beverages or your favorite soft drinks and bottled water, remember bottles and cans are recyclable. Empty bottles and cans before placing them in your recycling bin.
- While their containers may be recyclable, food and liquid is not. Please ensure you empty all recyclable containers before placing them in your recycling bin.
- Pizza boxes can be recycled, but pizza cannot. Please remove all non-cardboard items from your pizza box (e.g. peppers, sauces, crusts, and cheese before placing your box in the recycling bin).
- Encourage your guests to bring reusable containers for leftovers. They’ll make a great snack for the Monday Super Bowl work hangover.
Whoever you’re pulling for, you can be on the winning green team with these easy Super Bowl hacks, tricks, and tips.
Learn to recycle more, better today and every day at itsallyou.org.