Earth Month is almost here, and if you’re struggling to find new ways to inspire your community or workplace to celebrate and give back to our planet online, you’re not alone.
The global pandemic has reshaped everything from where and how we work, to how households are producing more recycling and waste, and especially, how we connect. While in-person April 22 events may be postponed, significantly scaled back, or not happening at all again this year, there are new opportunities to engage people and inspire communities and workplaces to recycle more, better on Earth Day, during Earth Month, and all year long.
We’ve worked hard to carefully curate unique, fun, and engaging ways to safely celebrate Earth Day and Earth Month.
Here are seven free tools and resources you can use to virtually prepare for Earth Day and Earth Month 2021. Your community or workplace can feel free to use these as they are or to create personalized content for a virtual Earth Day or Earth Month celebration.
Free Resources to Celebrate Earth Day Online
- Encourage your community or workplace to pledge to recycle.
- Follow and share our Communities for Recycling social media posts on Facebook and Instagram and share our blog posts.
- Encourage your community or workplace to use DIYSigns to help them recycle, more better where they live, work, play, and learn.
- Celebrate recycling collectors and processes who have continued a valuable and essential public service throughout the pandemic by using our #ThankYouRecyclingHeroes social posts and coloring sheets.
- Share an online quiz to encourage your community or workplace to test their recycling I.Q.
- Send your community or workplace on an at-home recycling scavenger hunt that’s fun for the whole family.
- Use our Virtual Earth Day/Month Celebration webpage in emails, social media, or on your website. This webpage is dedicated to our online Earth Day content – including tips, facts, games, and more – for your community or workplace.
Engage Your Public Offline
- Consider safely hosting a hard to recycle event for items such as batteries, small electronics, and foam.
Have unique and fun ways to celebrate Earth Month? We’d love to hear them! Share what you’re doing in your community in our City and County Recycling Coordinator Facebook Group.