Location: Preferred location is Charlotte, NC though can be anywhere within the United States
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Salary Range: $155K-$170K
The Recycling Partnership is seeking an experienced finance professional with strong analytical and leadership skills to drive our organization’s financial strategy and operations while improving overall financial performance. The right candidate will lead The Partnership from a financial perspective and work alongside C-Suite team members taking ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters. To do well in this role, you should have experience as a finance leader in a company with complex financials and an extensive balance sheet. Your skills in sound financial planning coupled with your experience in risk management will support The Partnership in achieving sustainable growth by implementing effective financial strategies, maintaining a healthy financial position, and earning the trust of Funding Partners and the organization’s Board of Directors.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re inclusive, so be yourself! We celebrate and support the differences that make each of us unique and appreciate the culture-add that each new employee brings to our organization. Since the Finance team works with a diverse group of team members, this job will be well suited to you if:
- You have an interest and passion for strategic financial management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- You are detail-oriented and have great communication skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams, with vendors, and other contractors.
- You are resourceful and have a passion for problem-solving.
- You value personal and professional integrity.
- You are quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- You are creative and have a growth mindset.
- Have exceptional project management skills.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and creatively contribute to the growth of an industry leading organization.
WHAT WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH – and how you will use your strengths.
Strategic Financial Management, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Manage the development of the annual budget in partnership with the CEO, COS, and other key leaders throughout the organization.
- Manage the organization’s forecasting process in coordination with team and program leads.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis and recommendations to company leaders that empower business partners to make rapid and well-informed decisions.
- Manage the Finance Committee and report to the Board of Directors on financial position and strategies that advance the mission of the organization.
- Manage the organization’s restricted asset ledger and translate operational milestones into accurate financial statements.
- Oversee cash management, treasury, and investment strategies to maximize reserves.
- Instill the organization’s core values in the finance and accounting teams and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and accuracy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the accounting team to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting processes, systems, and controls.
- Mentor and coach finance and accounting staff, delegating work streams effectively and holding team members to a standard of excellence.
- Grow and develop the finance and accounting teams to meet the needs of a rapidly growing organization.
Compliance & Risk Mitigation
- Review, implement and monitor financial controls and processes to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and compliance of financial information.
- Oversee the accounting team to successfully complete annual audits, IRS filings, and other required reporting.
- Monitor and assess organizational insurance needs to ensure adequate coverage and mitigate organizational risks.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE – things that matter most for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Proven track record as a senior finance leader in a fast growing or complex organization.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent preferred.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership is a rapidly growing, action-focused nonprofit, overhauling the U.S recycling system and activating a circular economy for packaging. We work on the ground with thousands of communities to transform underperforming recycling programs and tackle circular economy challenges. We work with companies to make their packaging more circular and help them meet their climate and sustainability goals. And we work with government to develop the policy solutions that will address the systemic needs of our residential recycling system.
HOW WE WORK:
We are actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and finally Stand Up and Speak out for Equity and Inclusion. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that does not just exist, but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.