With regard to COVID-19, The Recycling Partnership is closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We’ll be sharing important updates via our social media channels, our City and County Recycling Coordinators Facebook Group, and this webpage.
We're Here For You
The Recycling Partnership is periodically hosting webinars to address the impacts of COVID-19 on the recycling and solid waste industries. Hear from senior reporters at Waste Dive and Resource Recycling at the onset of the pandemic here, and listen to our most recent industry update with SWANA and Eureka Recycling here.
A recording, slide deck, and resources are available for each webinar at the links above.
New Tool: Safety Check
Our friends at Recycle by City recently launched Safety Check, a free tool to help employers and employees in the solid waste and recycling industries confidently navigate new workplace regulations and safety measures implemented as a result of COVID-19.
Safety Check provides two customizable tools to mitigate workplace safety risks:
- The POLICY CHECK tool allows businesses and public agencies to educate their teams on the latest health and safety protocols.
- The DAILY HEALTH CHECK tool gives employees an easy way to self-monitor, report and record their current health status.
By capturing this information, employers can efficiently analyze, track and respond to data as needed — increasing workplace safety and limiting the risk of exposure to team members. Safety Check is available for free to all employers in the solid waste industry. For more information, contact Tracy Bugh at email@example.com.
Resources for COVID-19 Communications:
- Blog: Recycling While Social Distancing – How to Commit to Sustainability at Home
- Blog: Tips for Working Remotely – Our Team Members’ Tips, Hacks & Tricks
- Blog: Ways to Show Your Appreciation & Highlight Essential Recycling Workers During CODIV-19
- Statement: The U.S. Recycling System is an Essential Service with Proper Health and Safety Measures in Place
- Webinar: COVID-19 and its Effects on Recycling